i n s p i r e d : SS13 Mood Board

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Hello friends! Well, my mind is buzzing with all the plans for my Spring Summer collection. It's been in the pipe line (my head) for a few months now, but it is now the time to knuckle down, finalise ideas, source fabric, make samples & plan photo shoots. Oh gosh, not enough hours in the day! I decided after a lot of computer based mood boards & lists & emails that it was time to get my head away from the screen & look at things from a distance. I printed out a bunch of pictures I'd been collecting & stuck them up in my studio. Something about the physical act of cutting out the images & sticking them on my wall was very therapeutic. It helped me un-jumble ideas & unlock certain aspects of designs I've been pondering.
I have a few dresses that I am absolutely certain on - but you never know until you start playing around with materials & designing the pattern if they will end up how you thought in your mind. Also, I've been having real difficulty this season with fabrics: sourcing the ones I want, getting something that will match my design & theme, still using ethical materials, golly what a headache! You need to account for any number of things not going to plan when creating a collection, & as always I don't seem to have been the best at the whole time management thing. Oh well, life without a bit of stress would be boring... right?

What is your favourite thing to wear during the summer months? I will be showing you a few of my initial designs soon for some feedback, it's so important to create garments that are wearable as well as interesting.

13 comments

  1. Oh wow. I already love it and it is just your inspiration board. Can't wait to see what beauty you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moodboard is just beautiful. I love making moodboards. It all sounds very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your SS collection! My inspiration board was quite similar to yours, if you want have a look here http://tinynicethings.blogspot.com.es/2012_07_01_archive.html I used photos of Midnight in Paris too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. upps sorry the link is here: http://tinynicethings.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/costura-la-galeria.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That looks great, gonna steal some inspiration from it. I LOVED Midnight in Paris - & the costumes were superb.

      Delete
  5. I am in love with those photos<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey! Loads of work. I have a romper sort of suit that I wear a lot in the summer - I like it because it's loose without being unflattering, loose clothes are important to me come August. Hard to imagine sticky weather right now mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, especially as we had such shockingly rubbish weather last summer. Defo need to include a romper of some sort, although they aren't great when you have a call of nature & have to strip half naked... perhaps one with some convenient buttons? Haha.

      Delete
  7. What gorgeous inspiration! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    I love wearing vest tops and light cotton skirts in the summer.

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Definitely got some cotton skirts in mind as they are a staple of mine all year round, just with some thick tights in the winter :)

      Delete
  8. I too like the physical-ness of actual photos, books, pictures, etc. I think it really helps me bring my creations to life. I especially like the artist costume section. I can see some great pieces in those inspirations & overall it looks to be a fun summer/spring! can't wait to see what you decide upon& good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh I am really digging the 20s inspiration here. Can't wait to see your collection!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the 20s inspiration! I can't wait to see what your next step is! :)

    x missdottidee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© i knowles nothing. Design by FCD.