Windowsill

Thursday 17 January 2013


I have given in & finally bought some little organisation things. It may sound silly but having somewhere to keep your threads & bobbins makes a big difference rather than scrabbling around for things. I am naturally a very disorganised person so I often find myself searching through pockets & bags & on the floor for something & then I find what I was looking for in the draw named 'Needles' (for example). I just never suspect that I would have actually put something back in it's right place, but I am trying to change my habits & need to get used to being more organised than I think I am. I've just bought a whole load more of the organic cotton threads, I think little things like that make a difference when trying to be a bit more environmental. Also, I want to line them all up on my new spool holder & I like the way the wooden spools look. 

I got these hyacinths the other day & they have opened up a treat. They smell beautiful like spring.

Thank you so much for all the feedback on the Liberty prints! I have chosen two - I couldn't just choose 1 in the end - & I've already started to make up a dress in one, which I will be sharing very soon. I hope everyone has been having a lovely week. Apparently it is going to snow here tonight. I hope so.

6 comments

  1. I love seeing photos of your windowsill. I need some spring in my life right now, but am watching the snow falling instead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I feel a little silly, just as I was getting ready to dream of spring it seemed winter actually arrived in the form of lots of fluffy white snow. I hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this little corner is so sweet! I'm utterly charmed by the spools of organic cotton thread-- they remind me, in a good way, of my grandmother's sewing supplies.

    I'm slowly getting enough thread racks and bobbin holders and magnets to organize my workshop's supplies, but I haven't given half a thought to making it pretty like this. I would love to see more of your studio-- I bet it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! There are some photos of my studio a few posts back on my blog :) I'm so glad they remind you of your grandmother's sewing, I recently got the jar of old threads pictured from a friend & I think they are all from the 50s or something, too lovely to use though!

      Delete
    2. Haha, now I must confess to reading through a ton of your back posts a couple days ago! Your sewing space has so much character-- and after a couple years of dwelling in badly-lit apartments, I'm even more envious of this lovely window now!

      Delete
  3. What lovely photos. Romantically and creatively

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© i knowles nothing. Design by FCD.